Pages

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Nice While It Lasted

For the two weeks I was home, Reyna was a pretty relaxed girl. There wasn’t a lot of the spinning and barking that’s such common behavior for her. She did it occasionally, but it seemed to only happen on days we didn’t go outside as often because of the rain. One day back at work ruined all of that, though. Monday evening, I got home, we played outside for a while, and as soon as I started fixing dinner, she started spinning and barking. And continued doing that most of the evening. This really supports my theory that she doesn’t do it just because she’s insane. I mean, sure, that’s part of it. But I really think a lot of it is due to the massive amount of excess energy that builds up during the day while I’m gone. The obvious solution, of course, is for me to work from home. All the time. Somehow, though, I don’t think my boss would consider Reyna’s excess energy a reason for me to work from home. Maybe if he spent a couple of hours with her one evening...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reyna just likes to chase her tail...and sometimes she catches it!!! Love, Grandma