Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Today was absolutely wonderful! I don’t know when the snow started, but when I woke up at 3:30 the ground was already covered. It was still snowing when I woke up at 6:00, and didn’t stop until nearly 2:00 this afternoon. Based on various measurements around the house, we got nearly 6 inches. It was a light, powdery snow that made pretty swirly patterns when the wind blew. I know a few folks went into the office today, but I was not one of them. I did get quite a bit of work done, though, including a conference call. But most importantly, I spent a lot of time outside playing in the snow with the dogs.

The blowing snow turned Duncan into a complete goofball (more so than usual). He bounced more than he walked, talked Reyna into playing several times, and thoroughly enjoyed chasing the birds away from the feeder. He played hard every time we went outside, and he’s currently sound asleep on the couch, with his head in my lap.

Reyna also had a great time today. She ran and played, and chased her ball and the birds. Her hip didn’t seem to bother her at all. It was really great to watch her have so much fun. I also enjoyed watching her nap most of the evening.

Here are just a few of the many, many, many pictures I took today.





Making snow angels...



Getting rid of the birds...


Let's play!


Not sure what Duncan is pointing at in this one...






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like all had fun in the snow!!! We, on the other hand, didn't get any snow..greater Rutherford county did, but not us in the lower part of the county....sigh
Love, Mom