Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Big Day…Almost

Reyna has one last pre-op appointment with the surgeon today at 11:30. I’ll leave my little girl at the vet school after that appointment, and spend the next several hours stressing myself silly. The surgeon reserves the right to postpone the surgery if they shave her hip and find some type of skin lesion – like an allergic reaction or injury. If that happens, they’ll put her on antibiotics and tell me to bring her back in a couple of weeks. Assuming that doesn’t happen, though, someone from her surgical team will call me tomorrow morning before the surgery (9:00ish), after she’s up and moving around (12:30ish), and after they bed her down for the evening. They’ll call again Friday morning to give me an update and schedule a pick-up time (likely between 2:00 and 4:00). I think they’ve learned that calling on a frequent schedule like this cuts down on the number of times people call them asking for updates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing and Hoping and Praying and Loving!!!! Love, Mom