Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Expensive Garbage

Wednesday afternoon, I wrote a long post in my head about a woman who really irritated me by basically saying that the kibble I feed my dogs is equivalent to a person eating straight from a dumpster. That conversation started when I commented that I just couldn’t see paying $42 (plus tax) for a 16.5lb bag of kibble, even if it was made from elk and salmon. Keep in mind, I pay about $40 for a 30lb bag of kibble that Reyna cleans out in just over a month. I meant to type up the post yesterday, but never had the time to sit down and do it. And now, thinking about that conversation and the resulting post just makes me tired. So I’m not going to bother. Instead, I thought I’d share a couple of things about some new canned food that I just recently tried on the dogs. Its green venison tripe. Reyna loves it. Duncan loves it so much, he doesn’t even care that it touches his kibble (that’s a lot of love). I can’t stand the stuff. It’s so foul smelling that I have to hold my breath while I’m scooping it out of the can. I’m pretty sure I’ve smelled similar odors working crime scenes. Which makes sense, if you think about what tripe actually is – partially digested stomach contents. Blech. But, the dogs love it, and it’s a good source of nutrients. So I’ll keep giving it to them, and it’ll make their kibble smell like really expensive garbage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tripe and Garbage....at least the pups eat out of bowls and not from dumpsters!!! :) Mom

Nana Net said...

Oh my thanks for the laugh today! As for the smell maybe you should wear a mask!