Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Storms

I’m not sure what’s happened, but Reyna has recently developed a strong urge to lean whenever the weather gets bad. She used to be completely undisturbed by storms, but that seems to have changed. Now, when the thunder rumbles or the heavy rain comes down, she becomes...concerned (and she's been concerned a lot the last week or so). She’s not agitated in the sense of pacing or whining. Instead, she finds me wherever I am, and leans. After a while, she’ll lie down, but she positions herself so that some part of us is in contact. She’s also a lot more tolerant of petting during storms. After the weather passes, she bounces back to her normal self. It’s all very odd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Reyna is trying to protect you....at least that's the way she sees it!! :)Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

It happens as they get older...just a GSD thing (or maybe all dogs - I just know Bruno). Bruno now barks at thunder and lightning which he started around seven and a half years old. That's one thing I love about them...they add new behaviors and tricks each year. Like wiping their face on the furniture. Bruno didn't stick his head out a car window until he was six. Mary B.

German Shepherd Mom said...

Ha! Reyna LOVES to wipe her face on the furniture. Or on me, if I'm in the way.