Pages

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Getting Closer

This past Wednesday, John came over to trim the catiary posts and build the roof frame. Once again, we worked until after dark. Yes, there is a slight gap on the right, but that is to slope the roof and cause the rain to run off to the left.




Yesterday morning, John and I went to a landscape supply company and got 2 cubic yards of topsoil. Mary came over mid-morning to crop, so I didn’t start moving dirt until about 7:45pm - please note thats “I” not “we” – John wasn’t here. And speaking of John...he bet that I wouldn't have the dirt moved before 7:00pm tonight. Silly man. I had all of the necessary dirt moved by 9:00pm last night.



This morning, after a 5:15am wake up shriek from Tiger, I leveled out the dirt in the catiary to make sure I’d moved enough. I also filled in some gaps along the sides. There’s still some dirt left, and I’ll most likely use that to build the ground up a little more around the catiary. However, that’s not something I need to get done in order to move forward with construction.


Today, if the weather holds and it doesn’t rain, I’m going to paint the frame. Fingers crossed I’ll have pictures of that tonight…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, Janine!!!! Man should never bet Woman she won't have something done before a certain time......she will always win that bet!!!! :)Love, Mom

John Van said...

Oh sure... What she didn't tell you was that poor Duncan had to haul all that dirt in his cart. Probably made him dig it too...

German Shepherd Mom said...

The boy has to earn his living somehow.

Anonymous said...

You got to figure that it was good practice for Duncan to haul the dirt in his cart....Helps to build his muscles!!!! Reyna probably told him where to dump the dirt!!!! They likes to help their mama....:)Love, Mom