Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Diamond Head

Diamond Head is another one of those places that visitors to Oahu are just supposed to go see. Well, we didn’t. Matt didn’t want to climb the stairs to the observation tower, and I had to admit that my knees probably wouldn’t appreciate doing that. However, I did want to go to Diamond Head and at least see the crater. I figured I could decide when we got there whether or not I wanted to try the climb. Matt didn’t want to pay for parking, though, if we weren’t going to go up on the observation deck. I said I’d pay for parking (as I’d done for several other places). But, no. The day I left, Matt and I went into Waikiki, where I had a lovely view of Diamond Head.


And, courtesy of a telephoto lens, I could even see the people standing on the observation deck.

Matt then agreed to go into the crater, but only up to the guard shack. He refused to go in and park, regardless of who was going to pay for it.


On the way back down from the crater, we stopped at an overlook. The land mass on the far right is the outside wall of Hanauma Bay.


We also stopped at a beach overlook. The spots in the background are surfers, although they didn’t really look like they were getting any good waves.



That was the last bit of ocean I saw on my vacation, other than from the plane window on take-off.

No comments: