Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Birthday

I’ve had a few folks ask me about my plans for my birthday – I’m guessing because everyone knows I’d already be making plans if I’m going to do something. I won’t be having a party this year, for a few reasons. One is that I’ll be 31...and that’s just a bit anti-climactic, after turning 30 last year. Another is that if I were going to plan something, it’d be a cookout at my place, and I don’t really have the extra funds to do that. Between Reyna’s vet bills and recent and upcoming boarding costs, my money is pretty well locked up. The third reason, and really the most important, is that Reyna will be five weeks into her ten week diet. She’s doing very well right now, with no new itchy spots. A cookout would offer too many chances for someone to give her a bit of hot dog or hamburger, or for her to steal some. And lets face it, if I caught someone giving her something to eat, I’d have to slap them silly. And I hear that’s not the best way to maintain a good relationship. So, if folks really want to do something, I'm going to suggest we just meet up for lunch or dinner somewhere, instead of having a get-together at my place.

No comments: