Pages

Thursday, December 02, 2010

You Gotta Be Kidding Me

Its December, right? I didn't doze off and wake up in mid-March, right? Cause mid-March is when tick season starts around here. I THOUGHT it ended a while back - haven't seen ticks on the dogs since August. Until the other day, that is. Yesterday, I pulled a small tick off of Reyna - it was making its way across her forehead. The day before, I pulled one off her cheek. Unfortunately, that one had taken the time to embed itself and suck a little blood before it died. Since I've not found any ticks on me, they must not be in the yard. The only thing I can figure is that maybe she picked them up while sniffing some of the fresh roadkill during one of our walks. But its ridiculous. Its DECEMBER, for crying out loud. Don't the ticks know they aren't supposed to be bothering us now??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it is still early December...LOL.....maybe the ticks didn't get the memo that their time was up!!!! At least they aren't getting on you!!!!
:)Love, Mom