Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thats Just Craptastic

I called the vet’s office this morning to make an appointment for Reyna – she’s limping more and more on her left leg – only to find out that our most favorite vet in the whole world is gone. Gone! The only thing the girl was able to tell me is that he’s opening his own practice sometime soon in Durham. Durham! He’s gone to Durham! Now, the rational part of me knows he didn’t do this just to make my life harder than it already is. But darn it, that’s whats happening, because now I have to find a new vet. And I really hate having to explain Reyna’s medical history to new folks. I mean, have you seen her file? Its huge! But since the vet was the only reason I kept making the drive out to that particular practice, and he’s no longer there, I may as well find a vet closer to home. Sigh. Even Belle liked (tolerated) this guy. Do you know how hard it is to find someone Belle won’t attack? Its not easy. Urgh. And I’ll have to get copies of everyone’s files, too. Good thing I don’t have a job – I wouldn’t have time to deal with this properly if I were working.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable!!! Pete has insisted I switch Bruno's vets so I'm considering Old Stage Road vet in Angier but that would not help you...sorry. It is so hard to find a vet who is good and you trust. Mary B.

Anonymous said...

Such is life and then your vet leaves!!! :( Sorry. Love, Mom:)

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you want to go to a vet in Garner, but would very highly recommend Animal Medical Center of Garner (Dr. Nelson Haden, or Dr. Feola), both are excellent, but I prefer Dr. Haden because of his personality and how my dogs respond/react to him.

Marcia Ray

Anonymous said...

I used to go to Dr. Hayden and was always pleased. I had an issue with something they did as far as treatment on a cyst my dog had which eventually had to be removed - I should have talked to him before I just up and switched vets. I'm thinking about switching back. Glad to hear a vote of confidence Marcia. Several of the GSD Club members that live out that way go to Dr. Haydon and like him very much. Mary B.