Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Making Progress

Reyna is 11 weeks post-op today. Its been three weeks since Reyna started limping again, and she finally seems to be getting better. She’s still limping some, but its not as severe as before. We’ve got two more weeks before we’re allowed to start walks again (although the surgeon’s notes all referred to week 8, when she was injured, rather than week 9, when we actually saw him – I’m going by when we saw him). Reyna’s being a real trooper about the restrictions – outside, anyway. Inside, she starts spinning as soon as she thinks I can’t see her. I’d really hate to see her without the increased dose of happy meds. The good thing about all of this is that her attitude now is still much better than it was before the surgery. Even with the tissue injury, she’s clearly not hurting like she used to. She’s so much better, in fact, that her sassiness is starting to become annoying. Granted, its annoying in an I’m-thrilled-that-you-feel-so-great-but-I’m-going-to-strangle-you-if-you-don’t-stop way, which means I’m usually smiling while I’m fussing at her. Its no wonder she just smirks at me and trots off…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such is life when you are the Mom of a precocious GSD!!!!!Glad Reyna is doing better. :)Love, Mom

John Van said...

The smiling-while-fussing is pretty much the canine equivalent of barking while wagging the tail. Pretty transparent.