Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Vacation

Today is the first day of my two week break from the office. TWO. WHOLE. WEEKS. Just the thought of all that time makes me giddy. Most of the time off is because the company shuts down at the end of the year, and the rest of the days are vacation hours that I have to take by January 9 or I lose them. Twist my arm, why don’t you?

One bad thing is that I have a two page list of Honey-Do chores, and I’m the only Honey available to do them. But, as a coworker pointed out, I have considerably more flexibility than most Honeys. After all, if I decide I don’t want to do something, there’s no one here to fuss at me about it.

The second bad thing is that it looks like I’ll be working from home a couple of days. I have a conference call scheduled for Tuesday morning that I can’t miss, and a few other things for my project that need to be completed before January. I have to say, though, that I’d rather be doing those things at home instead of going into the office Monday and Tuesday.

During Thanksgiving, I made tentative plans to work at the boarding kennel again over this break. After talking to the owner last week, though, I decided I wouldn’t be doing that. She could only give me about 16 hours, since she’s hired a few more full-time people. And, while the extra $150 or so would be nice, its not that important in the grand scheme of things. The extra time I get to spend with the animals (and particularly Reyna), though, is irreplaceable. So, over the next two weeks, I’ll be finishing some office work, doing chores that have piled up, playing with the animals, and visiting folks I don’t see very often. Two weeks. I still can’t believe it.

No comments: