Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Martyr

I got home late again last night, and before I went inside I stopped to chat for a few minutes with a neighbor. I could hear Reyna doing her high pitched excited bark, so I knew she was chasing her tail and spinning in the living room. There was another noise I couldn’t quite identify at first, though. The neighbor and I both stopped talking so we could listen, and I suddenly realized what the noise was. It was Duncan, lying by the kitchen window, moaning. The poor, pitiful creature whined and moaned the entire time I was outside. His suffering was so great, I’m surprised he didn’t expire on the spot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Duncan.....how rude of you to leave him moaning for you by the window!!!! I'm sure he got over it as soon as you walked in!! Mom