Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

What A Weekend

The weekend was a colossal failure in the sense that I didn’t manage to get anything on my list done except taking the dogs to the pond. On the upside, I did manage to do a LOT of relaxing. The dogs had a great weekend, too. I know that by how hard they slept when we weren’t playing.

We got in two trips to the pond, and Duncan looked very handsome in his life jacket. Unfortunately, me being in the pond in my canoe wasn’t sufficient to get him swimming. He did moan and run along the bank a good bit, but wouldn’t get any deeper than his belly. Here he is, telling me it just isn’t worth it to actually swim.


I think the next step is to go somewhere with a nice, shallow bank so I can walk in with him. Carrying hot dogs. But not this hot dog.


And here are the pups in what became the standard activity of the weekend when I was sitting on the couch, reading or watching TV. Yep, all the horror stories are true...they have very hard lives.



And now I get to spend the rest of the week reminding myself that we're a day ahead of what my brain thinks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a haaaarrrrd life for them.
Mom