Pages

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Sometimes, Change Is Okay

If you looked at the post below, I’m sure you’d agree that its time to get Reyna a new ball. Unfortunately, she doesn’t always feel the same way. Normally, it takes about 2 days for me to convince Reyna that her old, nasty, destroyed ball really is gone and that the new, mostly round ball is what she has to play with. This time, the transition went much easier, though. I had a couple of extra basketballs in the garage, because if I see them on sale at Target or WalMart for $3, I’ll go ahead and get a few (because I’m smart like that. And because, God forbid, we ever again go through the drama that occurred when PetSmart suddenly discontinued that particular toy and I had to scramble around to find a suitable replacement). I got a ball out of the garage, poked a hole in it to get enough air out so she could carry it without getting her teeth stuck, showed it to her, and threw it across the yard. She immediately picked up the old ball and brought it near me to throw. So I threw it in the trash. She looked fairly distressed for a few minutes, but then Duncan saved the day. He picked up Reyna’s new ball. And we just can’t have that. This morning, Reyna was happily running after her shiny new half-flat basketball.

No comments: