Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Rally-O

Saturday’s Rally Obedience trial went very well. We didn’t qualify on our first run, because Reyna really didn’t want to sit, and she decided that her best defense against that was to ignore me as much as possible. She ended up doing everything I told her to, but she made me tell her repeatedly, which lost us lots of points.

Our second run went much better. She was tired and moving a bit stiffly, but she responded on the first command most of the time. There were a couple of spots where she had to sit several times in quick succession, and she delayed those a bit, but I can’t really blame her for that since I’m sure it hurts her to keep popping up and down. I lost her on one of the turns when she decided to sit down and have a really good scratch. Thankfully, we’d been granted extra time because of her hips, so the delay didn’t cause any problems.

Here’s a picture of Reyna ignoring me during one of the many sit exercises.



And here she’s paying close attention, because she’s waiting to see if she’s going to get the cookie that’s in my pocket (she did).



After we finished the bonus, Reyna knew she’d done a great job.



And here we are, with our qualifying ribbon and our Level 1 title ribbon.



Her official name is now Vereyna, CGC, RL1, but she’ll still be Reyna to her friends and family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA, REYNA!!!!! YEA, JANINE!!!!!
YEA TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS AND I AM SO VERY PROUD OF MISS REYNA!!!!! LOVE YOU, MOM

Marie said...

Congratulation, Reyna. Thanks for letting me use your nickname still. ;-)