Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Per'la, 4/16/05 - 2/19/12

After Mikey died last week, Per'la stopped eating. She also had an outbreak of herpes, which she's had since she was a kitten. Tuesday, she started having trouble walking. Wednesday, we started syringe feeding as frequently as possible. She never showed any signs of improvement and got worse Friday and Saturday. I woke up this morning about 4:45 and heard her yowling. When I checked on her, I could tell her time was near. I held her in my lap and petted her until she passed at 5:30am. I'll miss her but I know she's happier now that she's back with Mikey, the one she loved best in all the world.











I love you, Per'la.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry baby girl. Now Per'la and Mikey can run around and play and see Sugar and Fawn and Smokey and Jack.
:( Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

How very sad for you to lose two beloved "fur children" so close together. My heart goes out to you.

Animals grieve, too. Per'la wanted to be with Mikey. Now they are together again. I hope you can find comfort remembering the good times you had with them.