Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Buh-Bye, 2011

I have to confess, I'm glad 2011 is over. Don't get me wrong, good things happened, but the bad things were really stressful.

In the good column (in no particular order):
Kodiak officially joined the family.
Reyna became a therapy dog.
All of the pups learned new skills and earned various titles/certificates.
I learned to crochet.
After two years, I finally got a job that pays reasonable money and might actually last more than a few months.
I started selling Mary Kay.
We had a successful raffle raising money for Reyna's medical bills.
I met a great guy who gives me deer parts to feed the animals.
The switch to raw has been great for pups and kitties alike.

In the bad column:
I had to stop working with a great pup trainer due to schedule conflicts (this one isn't bad like the others, it just makes me sad).
I had massive financial issues due to lack of work, stress over potentially losing the house, problems with the state about taxes, and general "how do I pay for this" worries.
First there were problems with Reyna's kidneys, then we spent months dealing with multiple masses on her belly, including surgery and so many useless trips to the vet.
Duncan had two grand mal seizures in June and what appeared to be a mild seizure shortly before Christmas.
My sweet Mikey was diagnosed with lymphoma two weeks before Christmas. He's still fighting, but he's having a rough time.

So, yeah, I'm glad 2011 is done. Paws crossed 2012 will be better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely hoping that 2012 will be better for all of us!!!
:)Love, Mom