Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Love My Pet Sitter

After a frustrating search last summer for pet sitters, I’d given up and was boarding the dogs when I had to travel. One of my friends referred me to a new person a few weeks ago, so I gave her a call. It turns out she’s perfect for us. She only works part time at a “real” job, so she can spend extra time with the dogs if they need it. She’s also willing to spend the night at my house, which was a large part of what I needed in a pet sitter. She doesn’t have a problem with short notice, which is good. She charges less than the PetsHotel, and she doesn’t charge extra to refill the cats’ water bowl. And the absolute best part is that both dogs really like her. On her first visit to the house, Duncan ended up curled up against her on the chair. And surprise of all surprises, Mikey actually came out on her first visit and let her pet him. On her most recent visit (just to remind the dogs who she is before I went out of town), Reyna was very excited to see her. I spoke to her last night (did I mention I’m in Canada this week), and she said the dogs were doing fine. They met her at the door and let her in with no problems. She said they were acting a bit mopey, which is pretty normal for my first evening gone. Especially since Reyna always tries to guilt me when she sees the suitcase. I’m so glad I have a new, reliable pet sitter. That’s really a huge load off my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found someone dependable. A dog is a member of your family and deserves someone as responsible with your pet as you are.

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies." !!