Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Where’s My Canoe?

I know its been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve been a bit distracted. I figured now’s as good a time as any to do a basic catch-up.

So far, no luck on the job hunt. I’ve been throwing my resume at anyone who’ll take it, but its just one more in a big stack of paper. Don’t worry, I’m not giving up – after all, its only been a couple of weeks. Sooner or later, someone has to be more interested in my resume than everyone else’s, right?

In the meantime, I’m still getting some hours at the kennel. Which brings me to Thanksgiving. I certainly won’t be making it to the western part of the state for the holiday this year. That’s going to be a busy week at the kennel, so I’ll be able to get a lot of hours that week (with time and a half on Thursday). Christmas is still up in the air.

My eye is finally much better. There’s still a bit of irritation at the corner of the lower lid, but it only bothers me when it itches.

Reyna’s been feeling pretty good lately, although I think me being home so much has her more tired than usual. It must be exhausting, feeling like she has to be constantly involved in everything I do. I need to get into town to get her a new bottle of Rimadyl and a bag of kibble, but I think I’m going to need a boat to do that.

Duncan was supposed to have a long herding session tomorrow (I’m trading work for lessons with the trainer), but that’s not going to happen. I got an email from the trainer this morning – her property is already flooded and the rain is still coming down. Oh, well. We’ll get to it next week, once the floods recede.

The cats – and particularly Belle – are all healthy (paws crossed they stay that way). They’ve been enjoying the cooler weather, because it means I use the heated mattress pad at night. The only downside is that it can get uncomfortable with six cats on the bed. You wouldn’t think it’d be a problem with a queen-size bed, but they all seem to feel the need to be pressed up against some part of me. Of course, it’s a good gauge of the temperature – when its really cold, it’s a Six Cat Night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been wondering about a canoe....and we're on top of a hill!!!!! Glad everybody is doing good and staying busy. And at some point someone will get interested in your resume!!! Take care and talk to you soon!!!:)Love, Mom :)

Definitely not ready for those Six Cat Nights!!!!:)Me

John Van said...

If this keeps up you can bring Reyna over for a swim in the pasture. She will be awhile splashing it dry.

I see y'all are moving up in the world with your own 4 way stop sign at the end of the road. Blinking yellow light not good enough eh?

This has been a good week to have gas logs. The horses have all been stuck under the "porch" at the barn trying to stay dry. This has led to hi-jinx between Indy and Jack with butt-biting and much posturing going on. Kinda reminds me of things that used to go on in the Engineering hallway.