Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

No Gore, I Promise

Some of you may recall the battle Duncan and I fought last summer against the moles that invaded my yard. Well, the nasty little critters are back. They took full advantage of the dogs being gone the week I was in Canada and redug their many tunnels. When Duncan got home, he went right to work, destroying as many tunnels as he could find. The moles got a little carried away over the last few days, since the ground is soft from the rain. I’ll be picking up a couple of containers of mole repellant this afternoon, so hopefully I can convince them to go somewhere else. Like to my neighbor’s yard. Where poison has been put down. In the meantime, though, Duncan has taken his duties at Yard Protector/Mole Eradicator very seriously. So seriously, in fact, that I got home from work yesterday and found this in my back yard.


Ugly little thing, isn't he?

Duncan even showed me the hole that he dug the mole out of.


Granted, Duncan has destroyed parts of my yard almost as effectively as the moles have, but at least I don’t have to worry about him killing my rosebushes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Duncan!!!! :) Mom