Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

And People Say German Shepherds Are Vicious

So, I’ve had GSDs for 4 years, I interact with other GSDs on a regular basis, and I’ve never been bit by one (except when I got between Reyna and the foster GSD that attacked her). On Friday, though, I was attacked by a vicious monster. My neighbor invited me into her house to see her cat, and before I could get past the door jamb, one of the dogs she watches for her daughter jumped on my leg and bit me. Mind you, this wasn’t a GSD, or even a chow, rottie, or pit bull. It was a Dachshund. A Dachshund! The little monster tried to bite me three more times, and then growled at me the entire time I was in the house. He actually managed to get through my jeans and break the skin. My neighbor and her daughter both offered a wide variety of reasons why this “incredibly sweet and mild” dog would act “so completely out of character” and attack me. If it had been one of my dogs, my neighbor and her daughter would have gone nuts, but since it was their little bitty baby, I’m supposed to write this off as a freak incident that was actually my fault...

No comments: