Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Things That Really Irked Me This Week

1. The vet at the emergency clinic. ‘Nuff said.

2. The tech at the eye doc’s who told me that the three years of chronic dry eyes, despite eye drops and tear duct plugs, is just because I don’t blink enough. Apparently, I should try to do everything with my eyes closed.

3. Non-school people (friends, club members, coworkers, etc) who think I should rearrange my life and “just get the papers done sooner” to accommodate them. Because, you know, if I just stop everything else in my life, I can have team assignments and an 85-page thesis finished in time to do whatever those other people want.

4. The gas guy not coming out Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, and coming out at 4:30 Friday only after I’d called 4 different times, starting last week. And then being unable to get the pilot light lit, after he’s the one who turned it off. So now I have to call again Monday, and make arrangements to be home yet another day.

On the up side of things, the dogs have been really patient this week, and let me get lots done.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't you know that I wanted you to drop everything and come over here for a visit? I mean, what's an 85 page paper among friends? ;-) Ugh! It sounds like you are having quite a couple of weeks. I'll be so glad when these classes are done. Planned your celebration yet?