Pages

Monday, March 05, 2007

The Price of Freedom

My most recent class ended 2/21, and my next class doesn’t start until 3/20. That’s four whole weeks of freedom. Four weeks to finish everything that didn’t get done in the previous six weeks, and to accomplish everything that won’t get done in the next six weeks. It won’t happen. I’m shooting for getting a few things cleared off my to-do list, hoping that everything doesn’t just fall apart this year. I also promised Reyna I wouldn’t open the laptop until class starts again, which really doesn’t bother me any...

During these four weeks, I am updating my blog (hence the large number of new posts after weeks of silence), taking two business trips, filming routines for MDSA and WCFO, taking a four-hour certification exam for work, doing as much yard work and planting as possible, and dealing with whatever small chores pop up. One trip is done, and I’ll return from CA the day my next class starts. We’ve filmed for MDSA, and the plan is to film for WCFO March 17th. The certification exam will be during work hours, which helps. I tackled yard work this Saturday, and I am so paying for it. My back started hurting about halfway through the planting. Something about digging holes and moving stones doesn’t make it happy. Oh, well. I was going to rake all the leaves out yesterday, but between the wind and my cold, I just couldn’t see the point. I might try doing it one evening this week, once I can breathe through my nose again. This weekend, I’m planning to aerate, lime, fertilize, and reseed the back yard, in hopes that I can cut down on the amount of dirt that finds its way into my kitchen and living room. I’ve also got some more planting to do in front of the house, but I’m hoping it’ll rain again soon, so the ground will be soft. I don’t think its supposed to rain this week, so we’ll just have to wait and see. For several reasons, I need to get it done by the 16th. The time change is early this year, so that’ll help. There’s only two weeks of freedom left, and it looks like those are going to be busy, busy. Not that busy, busy is an unusual state for me...

No comments: