Pages

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Spring Has Sprung...For Today, Anyway

I took a few extra minutes in bed to enjoy the morning. Belle was cuddled against my left side, with her head on my arm. Loki was pressed against my head, trying to decide if he wanted to paw me or lick me. The windows were open and a wonderful, cool breeze was blowing. I could faintly hear the chimes on my porch. I could hear the chirping of the birds, and the Death Chatters of Mikey and the kittens. I could also hear the dogs shuffling around a bit in the living room, awake, but clearly not ready to start their day. The sun was shining in my windows, but not so brightly that I was forced into total wakefulness. I thought of the things I would do today - put my plants outside for some fresh air, open all the windows and air out the house, finish a few small projects, take the dogs for a romp in the woods. It was an absolutely perfect Spring morning - just a little ahead of schedule.

No comments: