Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mirabelle


Mirabelle will be 9 years old on Sunday. She came to me during the summer of 1997, after I returned from England. Belle has been a wonderful cat all these years, very sweet and affectionate, and definitely a Mama’s Girl. She hates the dogs - actually rode Reyna once - but has come to accept (eventually) all of the other cats that live with us. No matter what, tho, she maintains her position of honor as Head Cat, and is the only one allowed to sleep snuggled up to my chest.

Happy birthday to my sweet Belle. May we share many more years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...Happy Birthday, Belle. I remember when we took that picture. She actually rode Reyna? That must have been traumatic for one of them (I'm guessing for the rider).

Anonymous said...

Wait, on second thought, I don't remember that picture because I wasn't there. :)

I didn't look closely enough; I thought that was the picture of Belle balancing on the door in our old apartment. Since Merlin is apparently afraid of heights, I guess I'm just not used to seeing a cat from above like that. :)

German Shepherd Mom said...

Hahahahah....nope, that was in the library here in the house. And I'm not sure either of them was traumatized...Belle still attacks Reyna, and Reyna still trots in to the bedroom to see the cats.