Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Stinking Dogs

I love my dogs. I really do. And most of what they do really doesn’t bother me. They play-fight constantly, and sound like they’re killing each other, but they’re just having fun. And they’ve rearranged the furniture a few times while they’re playing, just by slamming into stuff. But this morning, they went a bit too far. Thankfully, they have hard heads. They were playing, and had apparently gotten over beside my curio cabinet again, which is the one piece of furniture I’ll fuss at them for getting to close. This time, though, I was in the kitchen emptying the dishwasher when I heard a loud, not-good noise. When I went to the living room to see what happened (and to yell at them for getting near the curio cabinet), I saw that they’d broken some of the glass. On the up side, no one was hurt. On the down side, an entire pain of glass is ruined. The pane runs from the bottom of the cabinet up to the middle, where it attaches to the frame. The bottom half of that pane is gone, and there’s a crack running up the rest of it to the center frame. No clue how I’m going to get it fixed. It’s a good thing I love them.

2 comments:

Katy C. said...

My dogs (well, my roomies but after two years of living together they're "mine" too!) love to rearrange the furniture when they're playing. They also sound like they're murdering each other during nightly rough housing sessions. More than one person over visiting has asked "aren't you going to break them up?" when over visiting. My usual response is to look at them as if they're crazy and just say "no".

German Shepherd Mom said...

I've had a lot of people ask me the same question. And they generally get the same response. I figure I know Reyna's noises well enough to know when she's serious.